In mining, knowledge is power… no question about it.
The more you know about your fleet, your assets, your personnel, and your processes, the more empowered you will be to maximise overall operational success. In general, the mining world has embraced technological advancements as the ultimate enabler for creating and using knowledge. But getting technology right in the mining world can be complicated.
Here are just some of the many areas where introducing the right knowledge-transferring technology can have a huge impact on your mine’s bottom line :
- Rock Stress and Seismic Activity (natural and induced)
- Rock Movement Monitoring
- Air Quality and Ventilation Management
- Tailings Dam Safety
- Groundwater Management
- Backfill Operations
- Personnel, Equipment, Vehicles, and Assets (location, status, fleet management, vehicle health, employee health, etc.)
- Safety Management (proximity detection, collision avoidance, operator fatigue, etc.)
- Payload and Production Optimisation
What we’ve found over our many years of helping mines realise the true value of technology is that sourcing and implementing the right technologies for the job is fundamental to future-proofing your operations. However, the most critical aspect of successful technology adoption is ensuring a pragmatic and evolutionary approach to achieving the mine of the future. Getting the most out of your technology actually doesn’t have to be complicated, but it does need a plan.
The right technologies – coupled with the right technology roadmap – will enable you to:
- Monitor all aspects of mining operations and the surrounding geology
- Manage your mine for maximum safety, productivity, and profitability
- Optimise and control operations in real-time
To achieve the ultimate power of having complete knowledge of your operation requires technology. When sourcing a technology consultant for your operations, seek a partner with a vast range of practical mining technology experience, who’s partnered with best-of-breed technology manufacturers and encourages a pragmatic, evolutionary approach to technology adoption. The right advisor will help you solve your most critical operational challenges with the right combination of technology, localised services, and custom support – all while respecting your existing technology landscape.