Exceed production targets with real-time mining technology.
More tonnes! That’s the objective of every mine. Move more tonnes at a lower cost – and, do it safely.
As mines get deeper, conditions get more challenging and shareholder expectations get more demanding, mining companies are under strain to deliver. Industry executive after industry executive knows the answer to this age-old dilemma needs to be: the right application of technology.
At Ramjack Technology Solutions, we offer a range of best-in-class production management and monitoring solutions. Each of these solutions has been designed and built with the harsh mining environment in mind. Our partners are world-class original technology manufacturers dedicated to improving mining productivity with their systems.
You can’t improve it if you can’t measure it. Deming said that, and we’ve all quoted him at some point in our careers as mining professionals. The mining industry has embraced the benefits of production and fleet management systems for the past 30 years. Running a mine – whether on surface or underground – depends heavily on the applicability of the production management system in place.
Underground, Ramjack is a proud partner of Newtrax Technologies, the makers of:
- MineTrax – Real-time tracking of equipment locations, material movements and production statistics for underground hard rock mechanized mines;
- MineFace – The only production management application in the world designed with monitoring and improving face utilization as its primary function;
- ISAAC – Real-time vehicle health monitoring providing critical information about production statistics and maintenance-relevant events for improved decision-making.
Payload matters. Payload is the name of the game in mining. In fact, just knowing your payload at a moment in time where it can be managed can provide up to a 16% increase in production within only a few months of system implementation.
On surface, mines are seeing the benefits of transitioning from inaccurate and unreliable truck-based payload measuring systems to easier-to-maintain, more reliable and real-time digger-based systems. Ramjack is proud to be among the leaders in this movement through our partnership with Australian technology company, Mineware.
- Pegasys – A high-tech dragline monitoring system that provides operators with real-time, instantly actionable payload and production information. Pegasus is very flexible and can be configured to meet the dragline monitoring needs of any large-scale soft rock mining operation.
- Argus – The only shovel-based payload monitoring system of its kind, built on the years of experience from Mineware in developing and installing their Pegasys system. Argus is compatible with electric shovels, hydraulic diggers and front-end loaders and provides real-time information on bucket payload and shovel positioning. The state-of-the-art system for shovel performance monitoring, Argus is the gold standard for payload monitoring for open-pit mines.
Underground, payload monitoring is equally important, and Ramjack is proud to be among the only companies in the world that can provide completely mixed-fleet compatible payload monitoring systems for LHDs and trucks.
Through our partnership with Newtrax and their ISAAC vehicle health monitoring system, we can fit any piece of underground equipment – old and new – with an accurate, reliable, real-time payload monitoring system.
The challenge of correctly mining to plan keeps many a surveyor, ore-control engineer and mine planner busy over the course of any given month. Getting it right the first time would save a lot of time and money for everyone involved. Well, technology is available to help.
Underground, comparing as-builts to mine plans has always been difficult because complete volume calculations required major assumptions and estimates based on the few high-accuracy survey points taken from the mining face. Stationary laser scanners gave some glimmer of hope that this could be remedied, but the time consumed by frequent setups, data cleaning and stitching scans together made them impractical and costly. All that has changed with the uGPS Rapid Mapper™:
- The uGPS Rapid Mapper™ is an underground mine compliance tool designed to generate rapid 3D point clouds of your underground tunnels 50 times faster than stationary scanners. Import a point cloud from the Rapid Mapper™ in any industry standard format into any point cloud or CAD tool and be ready to compare volumes literally in minutes.
On surface, updating the dig face with high-precision GPS data as the shovel bucket cuts its way through the muck pile is the best way to monitor mine compliance. Comparing the dynamic dig face to the mine plan – which is uploaded to the shovel operator’s screen – provides a heat-map showing sections of over-dug, under-dug and mined-to-plan areas.
The Argus system by Mineware makes digging to plan an easy task as the shovel operator can follow digging progress in real-time from the screen in the operator cab. As the shovel digs, the dig face map is updated, colour-coded and compared to the mine plan visually, making it easy for the operator to understand progress.
Contact us now to find out how Ramjack Technology Solutions can help you exceed your mine’s production targets.